Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012 ~ Back to the blog

Okay.  Vicky is questioning why I have not written on my blog, so I thought I'd better get my butt in gear and do a little something something.  ha ha
 
It's been a while since I have written on here.  Tsk. Tsk.  Shame on me. Thanks for the push friend.
 
I have been having a strange week for sure.  I went and got my steroid shot last Wednesday, and am still having side affects from it.  Not allergic reactions, just all the side effects you can get.  But I have got to admit, that after going to pain management for 2 years now, this is the 1st time that the shots in the back have worked for this amount of time.  I know it has only been 4 days, but I have not been able to get out of bed without excruciating pain for almost 6 months and almost 2 years since I have been able to just stand longer than 5-10 minutes.  So this is WONDERFUL.....  I go back in a week again for more shots, and I hope he gets the right area again.  I am in hog heaven.  Still have pain, but it's not consuming my every movement and that people is what life is about.. At least to me..  ha ha
 
Went to crocheting today and it took me about half an hour to move my K hook from my left hand to my right.  Just wanted to throw in the "K" so you'd think I was a real crocheter.  ha ha.  Then it took another half hour to move it from my right hand to the chain.  ha ha.  Let's just say I did not get anything done today.  Had a lot of laughs and I really do love the hookers.....It is a great bunch of gals and guys, and it's funny how I felt so comfortable from day one.  Then again, it must be my bubbly personality, oh wait, that might be the champagne bubbles I forgot to drink.  ha ha.
 
The weather here is crazy.  Rained all day Sunday for the Daytona 500 race which they had to cancel.  We have not had rain like that in forever.  Now they are saying by the weekend it will be in the 90's.  I have enough hot flashes that they are only going to add to my power surges.. ha ha..
The joys of aging.....ha ha.
 
Beulah is here doing the happy dance.  Think she wants to go out.  I don't.  To many mosquitoes.  Why in the world couldn't they have missed the ark...  ha ha.. 
 
So ends a very quick thought process of mind to paper, or thoughts to fingertips to keys that the letters are worn off of.
 
Until next time......
 

2 comments:

  1. It is good to hear from you. I enjoy your blog very much and I am extremely glad you are feeling better. I think I may have a knee replacement in my future, hope not, but wouldn't bet any money on it:) take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I hope not Vicky. We are getting older. Our bodies do not match how we really feel. ha ha....

    ReplyDelete