Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another List of 10 plus more ramblings - March 11, 2012





Let's see what has been happening in my neck of the woods.  Not a whole lot.
 
It's bike week here and so there are a gajillion bikers out.  We have some of them in our neighborhood, and lets just say they are "loud".  Sounds like thunder.  And the roads are full of them too.  But there are some really neat bikes.  My neighbor down the road has a little itty bitty dog that weighs about 3 lbs.  She is a tiny maltese, and they have goggles for her.  They're pink.  Val has a baby carrier that she wears in front of her (like the sling), and Missy sits right in there with her little bow and goggles and the 3 of them take off riding.  It is adorable.  Then there is another guy here who has a bike with a side car that his collie Lady rides in everywhere he goes.  So you can imagine what you see during bike week in Daytona.  Beulah thinks it's thunder and so I need to try to calm her down every now and then.
 
I just finished reading "The House I Loved" and was disappointed in it.  I have read the author, Tatiana de Rosnay's two other books,  "A Secret Kept, and "Sarah's Key" which were excellent.  This one was set in Paris and used a lot of French words and innuendos in french that I had a hard time getting into it.  It had a good story line, but was very slow going for me.
 
In the meantime, back at the ranch, well not really, but I have been having the steroid shots in my back again.  2 weeks ago they worked for the first time in 2 years.  I went back again this past Friday and had more, and they are not doing the trick, and I am so disappointed.  I thought for sure that pain I felt right down to my toes on two of the 6 shots he gave me meant it was going to work.  It's not as bad, but not as good as the last time.  Oh well.  I am grateful for each moment that I am able to stand.
 
Just finished making a macaroni salad with tuna, hard boiled eggs, onions, celery, and kalamata olives.  Mmm Mmm Good.  The hard part is waiting for it to all cool down.  My friend Michelle loves it and so of course I made her some too.
 
Did a little thrifting yesterday.  Went to Hospice and got a mug to make the chocolate brownie microwave cake recipe that Steve printed out for us.  Then over to Goodwill.  I found a shirt.  Brand new, with tags, for $2.99.  It was Yellow Day, and so with that discount it cost me a whopping.....drum roll please...........$1.43.  Woo Hoo..  ha ha.  It is nice but sleeveless, so I will only wear it to sit outside when Beulah decides she wants to just bask in the sun.  My underarms are like bat wings taking off.  ha ha... I don't want to scare all the dogs and kids... ha ha.
 
It has been raining and it is so nice.  It is an off again on again rain and it is the misty kind with no storms attached.  No thunder or lightning, and that is my kind of rain.  This time change is messing with me though and I just realized that maybe my back is hurting more this time because of the arthritis and the rain.  Hmmm.  It's possible I suppose. 
 
I did 3 more pages of the scrapbook of Don's chemo hats.  They are getting easier to do and look at.  I am now finding just a tiny bit of sadness attached to the pictures, but mostly I laugh at remembering him in them and what he would do and say.  So, I think that's a good thing.
 
My list of l0 is way down here.
Name 10 of your favorite websites.
 
 1. Facebook (of course)
 
 2. Pinterest (I'm hooked)
 
 3. Blogs, any and all. Love to read them, especially the craft ones
 
 4. You tube - Learning to crochet is fun that way.
 
 5. Free Digital Stamps - really cool vintage ones
 
6.  Swagbucks.  I am earning lots of them.  You use them for all kinds of things.  I use mine for free paypal money and Amazon gift cards.  If your interested check it out, and if you decide to do it, please use this so I get extra credit for it.  Thanks. (No Spam)
 
7. All things cupcake - recipe site
 
8. The Animal Rescue Site.  You can click free to help feed the animals.  You can also click to help breast cancer, veterans, literacy, and more.  No cost, just a simple click. And no spam.
 
9. Card making paradise
 
10. Online newspapers by state for all 50 US States
 
Well that's it for now. Feel free to comment or post your lists too.  I enjoy reading them.
 
Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Helloooo Denise, I have been away for two weeks, I have missed your blog!!

    I like your scrapbook pages of your husband, it seems like he had a really good sense of humour.

    I am going to check out Swagbucks, nothing better than free Amazon gift cards!

    Now I have a sudden craving for tuna and hard boiled eggs... excuse me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA. Sorry about that Nicole.. It was really good.. And swagbucks you earn by doing a search, the NOSO just click on next until it is over, and the daily poll gives you points. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to participate. There are all kinds of things you can get and all kinds of gift cards too.
      Don was such a great sport to do all that when he was feeling so miserable most days. But we both tried to see the upside of things. Didn't always work, but most times it does. ♥

      Delete