Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday - February 5, 2012


As I sit here enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee, I thought  I would post this early as today is a wonderful day for football.  Super Bowl, commercials, The Voice, I don't think it gets any better.  HA HA.  It's days like today I really miss my hubby and dad.  We would always bet on the game.  Dad and I would bet the hard cash, Don and I would bet chores...Only he never did them when he lost.  Technically he did, but not really.  An example would be, if I lost I had to eat a cup of black eye peas, and he had to do dishes for a week.  He lost.  Dishes kept piling up.  When I told him, he said the bet was for 1 week, and he was saving them up.  Needless to say, I did them as I couldn't stand for them to sit like that.  ha ha. He was a smart one, my guy.. ha ha.. Dad and I would be on the phone every time there was a touchdown or a really good play.  I really do miss that.  Once my birthday fell on Super Bowl Sunday.  We had a Super Bowl party, not a birthday party. ha ha... Now I will sit here watching by myself and turn to no one and not pick up a phone.  That's sad, but I'm strong, and I get through things because I have to.
 
Woke up this morning to the birds singing so loud, I wanted to strangle them.  ha ha.  They were right outside my window just having a good ole time.  ha ha.  It got me thinking if they all can sing.  Is there one in the bunch who is off key?  What would the other birds do?  Would they ostracize him/her? I know I can't carry a tune, but I sing my heart out.  Wonder if some of the birds are the same way?  It's odd the things I think of.  Like how to the bears know to cross where they put up the "Bear Crossing" signs?  What's up with that?  If they can read that then why can't they read the "Keep of the Grass" signs?  ha ha.  Ah..the mind is a dangerous thing.  ha ha.  At least mine is. 
 
Need to pay some bills today, and run (well drive) to the grocery store and the pharmacy.  Need to see if they both have loan departments, especially the drug store.  The perks of getting old.  ha ha.
 
So, until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment