Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hooking and Pattern and Joke ~ January 17, 2012

Well, here it is Tuesday, January 17, 2012 and lo and behold, no doctor appointment.  Yeah  ! ! !  I had a good time with my fellow Happy Hookers.  This picture is how many it takes for me to make something.  Lots of help.  ha ha.. Still can't get that pom pom cat, but I will.  Made a new scrunchie, and I really liked it.


Scrunchie 2


1. Single Crochet around rubber band (40-50)
2. Use only back stitch, chain 5 and single crochet in the back all the way around
3. Use only front stitch, chain 5 and single crochet in front loop all around.


I really like this one better.  It seems to be much lighter.  I will get the pom pom cat done at some point.  After seeing how it should be done, compared to what I did (yup...a first grader would have done better) I have some practice in my future.  ha ha..


Tomorrow I go to physical therapy.  Oh joy... ha ha....I am just Mary Sunshine aren't I.  And I am already dreading the shots in my back on Friday.... I mean really dreading it.  



You know you're a  Floridian if....
 
Socks  are only for bowling.

You never use an umbrella because you know the  rain will  be over in five minutes.

 A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the  store, but everything to do with  shade.

 Your winter coat is made of denim.

You can tell the difference between fire ant  bites and   mosquito bites.

You're younger than 60 but some of your  friends are over  80 
 
Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
You've driven through Waldo, very  slowly.

 You  know that no other grocery store can compare to  Publix. 
 
You  know that anything under a Category 3 just  isn't  worth waking up for.

You  dread love bug season.

You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They weren't Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You
know them as  Andrew, Charley , Frances , Ivan and Jeanne.
You know what a snowbird is and when they'll  leave.

You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.

'Down South' means Key West

Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before. (more
than once!)

You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.

You have a bumper sticker: 'This car climbed Mount Dora', and you know where and what Mt Dora is.
You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer.

You've hosted a hurricane party.
 
You can pronounce Okeechobee and Kissimmee and Withilacoochee
 
You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than have a boat  yourself.

You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years.

You recognize Miami-Dade as ' Northern Cuba

No comments:

Post a Comment