Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year - List of 10- - January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year 2012.  This made my decision on my next List of 10 Things. Not sure how the New Year corresponds to food, but that's what I thought of.  Seems like my mind has a mind of it's own. ha ha
List of my 10 Favorite Foods:
  1. Turkey
  2. Barbecue Pork from Sonny's
  3. Hoagies
  4. Roast Beef - hot or cold in a sandwich with mayonnaise
  5. Bow Ties and Kasha
  6. Potato Pancakes
  7. Tastykakes
  8. Potatoes, baked, fried, boiled, mashed - every which way
  9. A really good salad
10. Chicken and Broccoli from the Chinese Restaurant
There are lots more, and it was hard to pick from them, so these are some that I like.  What about you? 
Today is kind of cloudy but warm.  81 degrees.  A little to warm for me, but there was a light breeze that felt so good.  I would have loved to have a hammock inside a netting thingy and a good book.  Either read or fall asleep.  Need the netting, to many bugs.  ha ha
Had yet another doctor's appointment.  I swear,  they should be paying me to just sit in their offices.  I'm a walking talking advertisement for them. I talk to anyone and everyone.  ha ha.  The positive side of that is that I do get a lot of reading done in that amount of time.  
I mailed out a few postcards for my Swap-Bot swaps.  With postage gone up, it is going to put a crimp in everyone's mailings, especially overseas.  On the other hand it is still a bargain.  I think that in an age where  everyone is using the internet, it is still nice to get a physical letter or card in the mail. Nothing can replace that.  Now bills, that's another story.  They can keep them.  ha ha.  I don't know of anyone who likes to see them in their mailbox. ha ha... So even though the prices have gone up, I will still be sending things.
Highlights of the new single-piece First-Class Mail pricing, effective Jan. 22, 2012, include:

Letters (1 oz.) – 1-cent increase to 45 cents
Letters additional ounces – unchanged at 20 cents
Postcards – 3-cent increase to 32 cents
Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 oz.) – 5-cent increase to 85 cents.
Letters to other international destinations – 7-cent increase to $1.05
So just jump in with your list.
Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. My favorite 10 foods are always changing, but here are a few things I never tire of:

    1. Sonic Cheeseburgers and Onion rings---once a month we eat there. They are so not good for us but oh soooo good to eat!!! Life is not fair:)

    2. Lasagna

    3. Turkey and dressing

    4. Chicken fixed any way

    5. Potatoes fixed any way. Baked potatoes and a salad

    6. Rubeun Sandwich

    7.Steak--medium rare

    8.Shrimp fixed any way

    9. Everything the Olive Garden fixes!!!

    10. Cheesecake---any kind---any way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find anything on your list I don't like. The only thing I don't like from Sonic is their Cherry Limeade. We have one about 5 miles from me. Lots of banks, pizza places and restaurants in that area. ha ha. Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete