Sunday, May 6, 2012

Morning Waffle Dip,Salad,and Flower Moon ~ May 5,2012

Yesterday was a great day.  Made a wonderful breakfast, which I took pictures and am going to include the recipe too.  Went and chatted with the ladies at scrapbooking.  Hurting to much to sit there and work on anything, and the moon was spectacular, called the "Flower Moon" or the "Milk Moon".  Took pictures of that too. 
 
I made the best breakfast yesterday.  I very seldom eat breakfast, but because I need to eat something with my medication, I decided to jump right in.  I made a recipe I saw on the Food Channel's Hungry Girl.  It was amazing, and so low on calories.  I then made a great salad for late lunch/early supper.  Either I was hungry yesterday or something, because it was all so good.  Then I had Cheez-It's.... They were good too.  ha ha.
 
                                                             BACON FRYING
                                                                   EGGS
                                                          COMPLETED
                                                                     WITH THE SYRUP
                                                             WAFFLES IN THE TOASTER

Here is the amazing under 300 calories breakfast waffle recipe

Morning Waffle Dip

  • 1 slice center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
  • 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
  • 2 frozen low-fat waffles
  • 1 slice fat-free American cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside.
To make the egg patty, spray a microwave-safe bowl with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute. Gently stir, and then microwave for 1 additional minute. Set aside.
Toast the waffles, and then place them side-by-side on a plate. Immediately top one waffle with cheese.
Transfer the egg patty from the bowl onto the cheese-topped waffle.
Break the bacon in half and place over the egg patty. Finish it off with the other waffle.
Cut your sandwich in half and serve with syrup for dipping. Dig in, you!
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 299 calories, 5g fat, 1,075mg sodium, 43.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 23.5g protein


                                                                 SALAD

Yes, I know.... It's in a Christmas bowl.  I really don't care.  They all hold the same thing.  Food.  ha ha..  It was really a good salad.,which included romaine lettuce, onions, cheese, kalamata olives, chicken, a slice of bacon (that I had cooked at breakfast), and cucumbers. 


MAY 5, 2012
                                OUTSIDE MY HOME MAY 5,2012 LARGEST BRIGHTEST MOON
                                              ANOTHER SHOT ABOVE THE TREES

Well, until next time...................

2 comments:

  1. Wow Denise! You have outdone yourself with that breakfast, yum! One of my favourite things about Hawaii is the Denny's breakfasts, possibly embarrassing, but true. Nothing beats an American breakfast with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, toast with whipped butter, and, wait for it, the #1 thing... proper hash browns... drool. Breakfast of champions.

    Ahem.

    And I must say your salad looks good too, olives will turn a salad into a spectacular salad.

    I am sorry to hear that you are in pain :( I hope that your meds will work and give you some relief.

    Wasn't the moon amazing! We were lucky enough to have clear nights on the weekend and were able to have a good look at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Denny's breakfast too.. I like breakfast food for supper a lot of the times. I was really surprised that the calories were so low. And the salad was good. I usually love salad somewhere else, but it never tastes as good when I make it. ha ha. Same ingredients and dressing. I just didn't realize I used a Christmas bowl. ha ha. I am either late or early. Either way, it held my food. ha ha.

    And I am really happy you got to see that amazing moon. It was so bright, I could read without a light. ha ha..

    Have a great day Nicole and thanks for always popping into my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete