Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ides of March ~ March 15, 2012

Sorry, I had to do it...  Eyes of Marge - Ides of March.  ha ha..
 
Yup, Yup, Yup...  Today is March 15th, the Ides of March are upon us.  Just a little bit of trivia for you.
 
The word Ides comes from the Latin word "Idus" and means "half division" especially in relation to a month. It is a word that was used widely in the Roman calendar indicating the approximate day that was the middle of the month. The term ides was used for the 15th day of the months of March, May, July, and October, and the 13th day of the other months. The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god Mars and a military parade was usually held.
 
It was another gorgeous day until the afternoon sun got to blazing.  The morning was a balmy breezy Florida kind of morning.  Birds chirping (I would love to get them little buggers...They wake me up with all their cheerfulness.  ha ha..  It's okay after I'm up, as long as they behave themselves.  ha ha. 
 
Went to my crochet group today, and got a lot of help from Vicky.  Thank goodness for her.  I found a pattern I liked for another dishcloth, and just couldn't figure it out.  Vicky is really good at acting like a teacher, and I picked it up with no problem.  I love the way everyone in the group is so willing to help each other out.  Now if only Michaels or Wally World would get some yarn in.  They are both horrible.  Oh well..  I'm grateful they are there at all.
 
Beulah is sitting here looking at me with those "puppy dog" eyes.  I think she wants to go out, so I will have to end this here.
 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment