Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday January 28, 2012

Just a lazy kind of Saturday.  I went and picked up my mail today and 2 more birthday cards were there.  Keep them coming and I'll celebrate it all year.  ha ha.  I really did appreciate them.  Then off to the library to pick up my books before they returned them to shelves.  One is a crochet book (my newest obsession) and John Grisham's new book "The Litigators".  I only read a few pages and was totally hooked on it.  I have never been a fan.  I read the Firm many many moons ago, and may have read another one of his, but can't be sure.  This one grabbed me right away, and that's what I like in a book.  So I am anxious to read it.
 
Along with reading, I am almost done a wavy kind of scarf.  When it's done, I am going to see if my neighbor will "model" it so I can take a picture of it.  I love the way it is coming out.  And the color is so pretty.
 
I would like to turn my hobby into a business if at all possible.  Living on my disability gets really hard sometimes, and a little extra money would be welcomed. 
 
My brain goes so much faster than my hands,  ha ha. I always have good intentions, but sometimes have a hard time doing something with them. ha ha. 
 
I got this from another blog and really wanted to put it on here so I could refer back to it.  This is from Crochet with Raymond
http://crochethealingandraymond.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/the-third-wheel/  For me, this is great. You might want to check out his blog.  He does wonderful work.
 
The Stitches and Abbreviations!

yo= Yarn over (hook).  Bring yarn over hook from behind.

ch= Chain. Make a slip knot, insert hook and pull firmish but not tight.  yo and pull loop through.

slst = Slip Stitch.  Insert hook into stitch, pull through loop, pull loop through stitch on hook.

sc= Single crochet.  Insert hook into stitch, pull loop through, yo, pull through both loops on hook.

hdc= Half double crochet.  Yo, insert hook into stitch, pull loop through, yo, pull through all three loops on hook.

dc= Double crochet.  Yo, insert hook into stitch, pull loop through, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook, yo, pull through remaining 2 loops on hook.

htr= Half treble.  Yo twice, insert hook into stitch, pull loop through stitch, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook, yo, pull through 3 remaining loops on hook.

tr= Treble. Yo twice, insert hook into stitch, pull loop through stitch, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook, yo, pull through last 2 loops on hook.

Picot= ch3, slst into 3rd ch from hook.  (Picot made)

No comments:

Post a Comment