Thursday, January 26, 2012

My birthday ~ Thank you ~ January 26, 2012

Well, today is the day I turned 2 x 29 1/2..  That's pretty old in dog years. (413 years old, and I look good for my age)  ha ha.. Which got me to thinking about birthdays.  I wonder why we celebrate the day we were born and not our mom's who were in agony that day.  It was actually her BIRTH day, and I suppose mine too.  Just me thinking, and we all know how dangerous that is.
 
I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.  It's really hard to celebrate any holiday when your alone.  I know there are many many other people in the same boat, and it takes what should be a happy occasion and turns it into a day of reflection.  Reflection of the birthdays I have had with my husband, my mom, and dad.  I know things change and I've accepted that..  I do believe they are celebrating it with me today.  I was sitting outside with Beulah, and a yellow butterfly flew right by me.  I always associate butterflies with my mom, dad, and Don.  And Don's favorite color was yellow.  It just gave me a little umph to know they are still here.  I know they are in my heart, but it's nice to know they are showing me their love.  This may be crazy to some, but for me, I choose to believe in little signs...
 
I thank  G_d for the wonderful people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment