Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013 - RECIPE

Restarting per request..

January 16, 2013

It’s been a long while since I have written on my blog.  Nicole misses it so I decided to write today.  It is nice this morning, but will be hot (in the 80’s) again today.  Waiting for the cooler temperatures.  Sure do wish we would have snow here.

I have read many books since the last entry.  All 3 of the “50 Shades of Grey” books.  There was a really good love story in there.  I have read lots of others but can’t remember the titles.  I will have to keep track again.  Ha ha

My latest obsession, besides crocheting, is pinterest. I can spend a lifetime on there.  Ha ha.  It would take me being about 300 years old to do everything I have pinned.  My favorite are the quotes and the dogs and the crafts and the recipes and well, just all of it.  Ha ha..

I saw a recipe, and I use that term lightly, for popcorn.  It seemed easy enough so I tried it.  I couldn’t fathom making popcorn without oil. The recipe is 


POPCORN IN PAPER BAG

½ cup of popcorn kernels
Paper bag
Microwave

That’s it.  You put the popcorn kernels in the brown paper sandwich bag.  Fold the top down twice, and place standing up in the microwave.  Microwave it for 3 minutes (mine took less than 2 minutes).  The bottom came apart slightly (enough to have some kernels to clean up in the microwave).  It came apart at the seam.  Next time I will double bag it.  I was so surprised at how fluffy and good the popcorn came out.  I will be making it again today with the double bags.  












I go tomorrow for my drivers license renewal.  I liked it better when we could do it online.  Now since 9/11 we have to go in and bring all this paperwork with us.  I hope my eyes can read the chart.  HA HA.  I know my hair will be a mess as it got so long and needs to be cut and have low lights put back in.  Hey, it’s a drivers license photo.  They never look good.  Maybe I should google how to pose for your license picture.  HA HA..

Until next time…………
…..

No comments:

Post a Comment